6.09.2010

Charitable…


I always love to give from very young, I think I got this from my mother (God rest her soul).  I love to contribute to great cause and I try to donate my time or my money if possible.  I love to recruit people or brands to donate necessary items to those in need.  God only knows if I ever hit the lottery, if would donate a good amount to the following


Maya’s Hope Project- strives to send aid and hope to children throughout the world. Our main focus is to send medicines, clothing, books and other basic necessities to orphanages in great need, with a current focus on orphanages in the Philippines and Ukraine.

Philippines: Bethlehem House of Bread, San Martin de Porres and Hospicio de San Jose orphanages.

Ukraine: Donetsk Home for Children and Ternopil Psychiatric Children's Home.

You can get involved by volunteering your time, contacting companies for donations, helping get donations which would be for shipping costs. This is truly a labor of love to show these children how each one of them is truly important.

Please email mayashopeproject@gmail.com if you would like to learn more about Maya's Hope Project and to receive our newsletter

I met Maya last summer and I am honored to participate in her organization.  I am currently sponsoring a little boy via Maya’s Hope Project.   Maya has a face book page

St. Jude- One of my mother’s favorite charities and she passed away 3 years ago.  My sister and I contribute on the behalf of our mother when we can.  If you ever interested you can via

Help the Gulf Coast- I found this etsy store today and felt I need to contribute.  I know people everywhere are thinking, I would like to help but how…check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/HelpTheGulfCoast

Rita’s Ice- Currently has Alex Lemonade stand Foundation Fundraiser from June 1st to June 30th http://www.ritasice.com/events-and-promotions/alexs-lemonade.aspx


My personal favorite is
Operation letter to Santa- This program is held in December every year.  Here is a little history behind the program
Operation Santa Claus began informally in the early 1920s, when New York postal clerks began chipping in their own money to buy gifts for poor kids whose notes to Santa ended up in the dead-letter office. As the number of letters grew, the clerks asked for help from the public. The program’s most dramatic growth has come in the last two decades. In 1980, there were about 5,000 letters to Santa from needy kids received at the New York Post Office. This year the total will almost certainly be more than 150,000, and could approach 200,000.
Many of the kids are not even asking for gifts for themselves but for their family.  Wonderful program because it represents the spirit of the season.

Check out the following site for more info

Last but not least, itsjustmeheidid via twitter currently fundraising for Keegan

3 comments:

Heidi - D said...

I stopped by yesterday, but didn't have the time to comment - so... I made my way back to you today!

Great post my dear. You've done a great job of getting the word out. I wish more people would do the same! I am, however, blown away by the generosity that many have shown!

Thanks for the shout out!!!

Traci66 said...

I am your newast follower via Fun Follow Friday. I hope you will come check me out. I am #21 Traci66 on the hop or http://traci66.blogspot.com

Cakeblast said...

Very nice list of some wonderful causes - I am a new follower from Fun Follow Friday! http://cakeblast.com :)