9.11.2011

10 Years Ago-September 11, 2001

On Tuesday September 11, 2001 was a beautiful day and I remember commenting with my roommate (my boyfriend brother) on how gorgeous the day was.  He worked in the towers and I worked in mid-town but really enjoyed taking the ferry then the subway to 27th street from the World Trade Center.  He left to work and I followed a few minutes later because we lived about 2 mins from the ferry landing in Jersey City, NJ.  I arrived but the ferry just left but I noticed smoke coming out one of the towers and I asked someone, the person told me a small plane hit the tower.  In that moment, I noticed that I forgot my cell phone and since I missed the ferry.  I went back to my apt to get my phone, when I returned to the ferry landing, the second plane hit ( I thought it was bomb)  because I saw the explosion from the other side...I screamed "OH *HIT"....I tried to call my boyfriend and his brother with no luck...I was freaking out and I saw other people who were arriving to the ferry landing start to freak out...

I went back to my apartment to try my home phone to call and in that moment, my boyfriend family called to find out where my boyfriend and his brother.  I did not know because I could not reach them either.  I called work to tell them I was home that I could not make it to the work...a plane hit the towers..I ran back to the ferry landing because I could not stay in one place..Still trying to call my boyfriend and his brother...no luck...My family was could not reach me for a few hours and I took my mother a week or two before into the city...showing her my commute to work...My mother was worrying about me because she knew my route to work that I went thru the World trade center...In Jersey city, I was watching and waiting with disbelief at the ferry landing as  the first tower fell.  I was in tears watching it and then the second tower fell.  I was in a state of shock, it was hard to compute.  I finally spoke with my boyfriend and he was alright but it took a few more hours before we knew that his brother was safe.  I did not know about the other attacks until later..The pentagon and the brave passengers on Flight 93...

RIP to the lives lost....I will never forget

No comments: