7.06.2010


I have always been a sucker for a cute doll and stuff animal.  I had a lot of dolls and stuff animals, very likely the start of my shopaholic tendencies.  When I found out that I was going to have a daughter…I was pretty excited because of the adorable clothes and the toys namely dolls.  I came across Jess Brown Rag doll via one of my parenting magazine and I fell in love with the doll immediately.  I am a Google fiend, plus a tad bit obsessive and so I found the doll with very little information.  I decided to order the doll when my daughter was about 3 or 4 months old.  I decided to wait and to give it to her on her first birthday but right now; she is decoration because it is super cute and very unique.  Jess Brown rag doll are truly one of kind plus, they are handmade.

Check out



Background

Jess has always been inspired by beautiful textiles. She began making dolls for her children 11 years ago using old cashmere sweaters and antique remnants. As committed flea market goers, they would search together for amazing antique pieces, trims, buttons and findings. This has now all come together as a small line of one of a kind and hand made rag dolls.

Each doll is hand dyed in Persian black teas to create variations in skin tones. Each doll is stuffed with a sustainable corn fiber stuffing. They are all made of cotton muslin and linen, and of primarily recycled and antique fabrics and findings. Each doll is created with button shoulders. This may not be suitable for children under three years. Jess also collaborates with several designers, using scrap remnants left over from a current season cutting. These dolls are created as limited edition collections.

Jess Brown rag dolls are available in select shops around the world. Each doll is completely unique and cut to order. There is something truly beautiful about a threadbare, worn, and well loved doll that has been created with the finest materials. Jess lives in Petaluma, California with her children Stella and Tiger and her husband Erio. She owns a small shop in town called maude with her good friend Stacy.

No comments: